- Ads that include the product on-screen had higher ad recall.
- Stronger brand response is found from ads that are viewable only, as compared to ads that are viewable and audible.
- Ads with a person speaking directly to camera had lower ad recall.
- Text slides, subtitles, and voiceovers are associated with higher brand awareness.
- Six-second ads on YouTube drove the same ad recall as 30-second versions on other sites.
Non-skippable in-stream ads are available on YouTube and advertiser websites. Non-skippable in-stream ads are most similar to ads shown on TV. Non-skippable in-stream ads are six-second ads that are shown before a video.